- Explain the benefits of composting, hot to tell when compost is done and how to use it.
- Explain how to build and maintain a hot compost pile, and know what materials should and should not be composted.
- Understand the carbon and nitrogen balance needed for successful composting, and the role of micro and macro organisms.
- Know the components of a worm bin, how to manage and harvest finished vermicompost, and how to use the finished product.
- Practice determining answers to garden-related questions.
- Handouts, practice exam, and more – Under development
University of Wisconsin-Extension:
- Instructions, presentations, notes, and more – Facilitator Notes