After completing reading in the manual, online module, and class activities, the student will in class:
- Differentiate between an annual and perennial weed; broadleaf and grass-like weed.
- List plant characteristics which may make a plant a weed
- List cultural, biological, mechanical, and chemical management options
- Identify IPM components in weed factsheets
- Use the Weed Identification and Management website
- Common purslane, University of California*
- Crabgrass, University of California*
- Dandelions, University of California*
- Quackgrass, University of Minnesota Extension*
*NOTE: when our own state doesn’t provide information, we encourage you to look into adjacent state’s university extension publications to use. We are using information from the University of California because our weeds specialist said these were OK to use (and he’s alumni).