- Understand how to plan a new landscape or redesign an existing one.
- Know the key features of a property and potential uses to analyze for incorporation into a design.
- The Sustainable Urban Landscape Information Series, University of Minnesota
- Designing Sustainable Landscapes, North Carolina State University
- The Sustainable Sites Initiative
- Math for Horticulture, by Mary Ann Boor; a resource for teaching applied math, this book contains a brush-up on useful mathematical skills in the garden (area, volume, calculating the number of rocks you need for a wall, etc.). Not all is applicable, but worth a look!
- Instructions, presentations, notes, and more – under development