- Describe the concept of phonology in relation to pest management.
- Define an indicator plant.
- Give an example of timing of a control tactic for a specific insect or weed pest relative to a common flowering plant’s bloom time.
- Understand how degree days are calculated and how they can be used to predict the appearance of certain insect pests.
- Phenology online quiz – under development
- Handouts, practice exam, and more – under development
- Post to our Google+ Community.
- Account required (it’s free!).
- First time log in will prompt you for permission to join. Say yes!
- Degree day calculation
- Degree days for common landscape insect pests
- Degree days for common fruits and vegetable insect pests
- Tree and shrub pest growing degree day map
- Wisconsin Horticulture Update
- Wisconsin Pest Bulletin, Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection
Educational articles from wimastergardener.org
- Instructions, presentations, notes, and more – under development