County Educator Hiring Priorities
- Thirty-seven positions were hired by AEDs in hiring waves 1 and 2.
- There is one remaining position from Wave 2 that is in the hiring process.
- County demand for Cooperative Extension programming currently exceeds our ability to co-fund all proposed positions. In response, the AEDs have developed different ways, such as sharing positions across counties, through which we can still provide programming coverage where we have staff vacancies. To address the needs and vacancies in current contracts, the AED proposed solutions to address these contract needs:
- 30 positions are approved for posting:
- 4 positions are hired
- 4 positions are posted
- 10 positions are in other stages of the hiring process
- Remaining solutions are pending discussion and approval
- 24 positions are in ongoing discussion between AEDs and Counties
- 14 positions are on hold for the time being and part of discussion
County-Based Educator Posting
- Shawano County – Agriculture Extension Educator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 07/25/2018
- Jefferson County – Positive Youth Development Educator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 07/22/2018
- Grant County – 4-H Program Coordinator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 07/20/2018
- Milwaukee County – 4-H Program Coordinator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 07/19/2018
Other postings related to the nEXT Generation Cooperative Extension model
- Local Government Education Outreach Programmer – 1.0 FTE – Closes 07/08/2018
- Human Development & Relationships Institute Director – Collecting feedback on final candidates.
- Community Development Institute Director – Hired and will be announced in the near future.