This website is meant to be used as a supplement to the Youth Advocates for Community Health Guidebook.
The Youth Advocates for Community Health Guidebook was created from an awareness that policy, systems, and environmental change work happening is frequently missing youth voices.
- Provides adults with the tools to implement effective youth participatory action research
- Supports the process of young people identifying issues, enhancing awareness of communities, and discover their niche to address issues
- Builds leadership skills among youth, increasing competence and confidence to address community health issues at a policy, systems and environment level
- Enhances the impact of policy, systems and environment work through engagement of youth.
How to Use This Website:
- Download the Youth Advocates for Community Health guidebook (click on the image of the guidebook on this page).
- Click the headers on the top of the page to explore each section; the headers correspond to the sections/steps of action in the guidebook. Each page contains resources that are linked in the corresponding section of the guidebook and additional resources and activities that might be helpful as the group moves through the project.
- Follow the five steps of action to guide youth through a youth-led project.