Cooperative Extension Technology Services(CETS) reserves the right to periodically audit WordPress sites for unused media files. Unused media files are defined as any media files that are neither used by nor accessible via the website.
For a media file to be deemed “in use” it must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Used as featured image for a post
- Displayed on or linked to from a post
- Site’s current header image
- Used in or linked to from a sidebar widget
- Media file has an uploaded date from within the past 6 months
Media files that are determined to not be in use may be removed by CETS as these files consume both storage space and performance resources.