Purpose and Responsibilities
The team provides training, education, and coaching in civil rights compliance and assures consistency and accountability in reporting of civil rights activities throughout the organization. The team’s purpose is to integrate civil rights activities into all educational programming and administrative functions in support of the purpose, vision, and values of Extension. Team members are expected to:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Titles VI and VII and related laws, policies, procedures, and outreach activities.
- Enhance Extension’s functioning in the areas of civil rights compliance, diversity, and inclusion.
- Design and provide civil rights education and orientation to state, county and campus colleagues.
- Serve on or lead a civil rights review day visiting team in counties.
- Create and implement new procedures and approaches for the Extension civil rights program.
- Serve as a civil rights resource for other groups, teams, committees, and initiatives in Extension to help align systems.
Current Team Members
Office of Access, Inclusion, and Compliance
Family Living Educator
4-H Youth Development Educator
Master Gardener Program Director