Institute Assignments Continue
Staff within the former CNRED, 4-HYD, FL, and ANRE program areas, as well as integrated specialists, have all received proposed institute assignments through email. If you have any questions or concerns about the process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
County Educator Hiring Priorities
- Area Extension Directors (AEDs) are currently working to fill more than 40 county-based educator priority vacancies from the two main hiring waves. Thirty-three of the positions have been filled. The remaining positions are in various stages of the interview process.
- County demand for Cooperative Extension programming currently exceeds our ability to co-fund all proposed positions. In response, the AEDs have developed different ways, such as sharing positions across counties, through which we can still provide programming coverage where we have staff vacancies.
- Resolutions for all remaining budgeted positions are as follows:
- 16 positions – AEDs are working to post these positions immediately. Four of these positions are already posted (links below under County-Based Educator Postings).
- 36 Positions – Approved, but will require AED discussion with partners before posting, as they are creative multi-county and regional solutions.
- 16 Positions – Are on hold for the time being as other multi-county or regional options are explored by AEDs.
New hires that will begin in June include:
- 2 Agriculture Extension Educators
- 2 Positive Youth Development Educators
- 1 Communities Extension Educator
- 1 Human Development & Relationships Educator
- 1 Natural Resources Extension Educator
County-Based Educator Postings
- Barron/Polk County – Agriculture Extension Educator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 06/11/2018
- Polk County – Human Development & Relationships Educator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 06/08/2018
- Ashland County – Human Development & Relationships Educator – 0.5 FTE – Closes 05/31/2018
- Vilas County – Positive Youth Development Extension Educator – 1.0 FTE – Closes 05/30/2018
Other postings related to the nEXT Generation Cooperative Extension model:
- Human Development & Relationships Institute Director – The posting for this position closed on 05/23/2018.
- Community Development Institute Director – The posting for this position closed on 04/30/2018 and the committee is screening applicants.
- Farm Management Program Manager – The posting for this position has closed and interviews are being conducted.
- The Health & Well-Being Institute Director – The new hire for this position will be announced in the near future.